Exceptions to Policy
Exceptions to academic policy may be granted in two general types of situations:
- When serious circumstances outside school are affecting your academic work, e.g., serious personal or family illness, for which you must request permission to drop coursework or extend deadlines.
- When you wish to take on special challenges by registering for more than 20 credits, etc.
To request an exception to policy, communicate with the College that sponsors your concentration. Prepare a thoughtful and thorough request ASAP. It is easier for advisors to help you with a relatively smaller problem now, than a bigger/more complicated problem later.
- Agriculture and Natural Resources - Meet with your assigned advisor (and/or Angela); then complete the online request (available here). Your request will be submitted to the Assistant Dean, and copied to your assigned advisor (or Angela).
- Behavioral and Social Sciences - Schedule an appointment with a BSOS advisor in 2148 Tydings Hall; you will be given instructions and an appeal form.
- Computer, Math, and Natural Sciences - Please review relevant academic policies, then bring your written request and supporting documentation (form available here) to 1300 Symons Hall.