Post-graduate internships are a great way to build experience if you didn't have time to do so in college; and a great way to continue exploring your career options before "settling down." An undergraduate degree is required for these internships and/or the positions are full time and/or last for longer than a summer.
- AmeriCorps - one-year service opportunities nationwide. Housing, a training program, and a small stipend is included - apply by Apr 1 to begin service in October
- American Conservation Experience - 3- to 6-month service opportunities for students exploring careers in land management and conservation.
- Chesapeake Conservation Corps - one-year service commitment - apply by late March to begin service in August.
- Conservation and Land Management Internships (link is external)- co-sponsored by BLM, NPS, USFS, and the Chicago Botanic Garden, these 5-month internships are located in the 12 western states. 75-100 internships annually - apply by late December/early January for best consideration.
- Consortium for Ocean Leadership - Policy internship, $1500 monthly stipend - for recently-graduated students
- Disney Theme Parks and Resorts - Professional Internships Program; check "Students and Recent Grads" > Operations / Travel > Sciences/Horticulture/Zoology
- ECOLOG-L, sign up for the listserv sponsored by the Ecological Society of America - varied opportunities and LOTS of them!
- Ecological Society of America (ESA) - temporary/seasonal field assistants and internships (on left margin)
- Idealist.org - national database of non-profit employers, select "temporary" for short-term experiences
- NASA - DEVELOP Program(link is external), Greenbelt, MD - for recent grads
- NCSE - Environmental Internships Clearinghouse
- NPS - Geoscientists in the Parks - open to all concentrations; emphasizes natural resources management
- ORAU - Maryland Office - post-graduate research internships (use keyword search)
- ORISE - post-graduate research internships
- Pathways - USAJobs site for recent grads, includes several short-term opportunities and some as long as 2 years.
- Student Conservation Association - 3-, 5-, 10-, and 12- month internships. Housing, a training program, and a small stipend is included. An educational grant is awarded at the end of the internship.
- Sustainable Farming - internships and apprenticeships
- Texas A&M Job Board - nationwide listing of wildlife-related field assistantships