College of Agriculture & Natural Resources
Environmental Science & Policy

Graduation plans

To ensure that you make continuous progress towards your degree, University policy requires students to prepare a graduation plan before declaring or changing majors.  Graduation plans help you make the most of your undergraduate education by accounting for your requirements -- and by planning ahead for study abroad, internships, part-time jobs, and campus activities.  Accordingly, ENSP students with more than 40 credits completed must forward a graduation plan for their intended concentration to Angela prior to pre-registration advising.  

To develop a plan:

  1. PRINT a BLANK graduation plan template and the academic requirements for your area of concentration.
  2. Develop a HAND WRITTEN draft of your plan by following directions given HERE.
  3. Check your work, then double-check it.
  4. Now, TYPE OUT your pencilled draft by DOWNLOADING to your computer a second BLANK template.
  5. SAVE YOUR GRADUATION PLAN to your computer.
  6. EMAIL your plan to Angela (in WORD format - NO PDFs please!).
  7. Feel free to type questions in your e-mail message or on your worksheet when you submit your plan.

Angela will review your plan to be sure:

  1. You have either completed your requirements -or- have plans to complete them.
  2. Your plans accommodate your academic interests and abilities.
  3. Courses are listed in the proper semester order.


  1. If your plan needs minor "tweaks," Angela will make them and explain what she did.
  2. If your plan needs major revisions, she will return it to you for re-submission.

Still unsure?  Make an advising appointment with Angela by visiting:

After your graduation plan is approved, you will receive a copy of it by e-mail and you will be formally declared into your concentration. You are responsible for understanding any changes Angela made to your plan, so please read your "Declaration Message" carefully. Your new advisor and College will also receive a copy of your plan.

  • Students with many AP credits may have until spring of sophomore year to declare a concentration if they wish.
  • Students may make changes to their approved plan; however, it is the student's responsibility to be aware of and meet remaining graduation requirements.

Declared students will continue to receive ENSP advising messages; and ENSP program staff remains available to you as consultants, though most final decisions regarding requirements will rest with your new department and college. You will graduate from your new department and college with a B.S. in Environmental Science and Policy: Concentration in __________.

Maintained by the IET Department of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. © 2017.