The University Career Center & the President's Promise now has embedded career advisors in each academic College that can assist you with your career development! Please click on their name to learn more about their services and to make an appointment.
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources: TBD
- College of Computer, Mathematical and Natural Sciences: TBD
- College of Behavioral and Social Sciences: Feller Center for Academic Advising & Career Planning: Ms. Crystal Sehlke.
- The Feller Center in the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences is a co-located hub for academic advising and career planning services. The Center offers customized career planning resources for BSOS students.
Did you know the Career Center has free DROP-IN ASSISTANCE?
You can drop in Monday-Friday anytime between 11 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. in the University Career Center (3rd floor - Hornbake) to meet with a Peer Career Educator. No appointment necessary!
Drop-ins are for quick questions and tips on the following topics:
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Careers4Terps portal
- BASICS (1st steps) in internship, job searching and interviewing
** To maximize your drop-in experience for resume and cover letter reviews, please bring a printed hard-copy with you.**
CAREER ASSISTANCE APPOINTMENTS (30 minute scheduled appointments)
For more in-depth assistance, schedule an appointment. The Career Center is here to help you find the correct resources, programs and services for your needs. Topics may include:
- Choosing a Major, Career Exploring, Career Fields and Industries
- Preparing for Interviews (personal statements, mock interviews, etc)
- Searching for Internships or Jobs
- Networking, Informational Interviews and Applying to Graduate School
Appointments are scheduled through Careers4Terps (C4T), the UCC's online job/internship database. EVERYONE SHOULD MAKE A C4T account!! Login using your UMD Directory ID. Schedule an appointment by clicking on C4T's “Calendar” tab. You may be asked to answer some questions to update your account the first time you log in.
Other Career Advising Resources
- Career Exploration Guide: ENSP: Includes sample work titles/areas of our recent graduates, career planning information, research, internship, and graduate school resources tailored for environmental science majors!
- Explore internship sites: Review previous internship sites, tips for locating openings in the environmental science field, plus much more.
- Gain experience: Add to your marketable skill by landing an internship, research position, leadership position on campus, part-time job, etc.
- Research: Learn about research options at UMD and in the greater DMV area. Review tips and events for getting involved in research and learn how to get funding for your research!
Prepare to Apply