Studying abroad is now considered an important part of a student's education. Overseas experiences give deep insight into other cultures and ecosystems and are great ways to complement your Maryland coursework. Simply "getting outside the mid-Atlantic ecosystem" environmentally and politically can be another big eye-opener, so explore American off-campus study opportunities, as well.
There are a myriad of study abroad opportunities for ENSP students - financial aid and scholarships can apply to many study abroad programs. Be sure to check out Education Abroad's website for instructions on how to explore programs and get your application started!
Some popular programs for ENSP students:
- UMD-Winter: New Zealand: Sustainable Ecosystems (PLSC/ENSP)
- UMD-Winter: Germany and Italy: Energy, Climate Change and Options for a Low-Carbon Economy (AREC/ECON)
- The School for Field Studies - Wildlife Management Studies
- USAC Costa Rica: Life and Health Sciences, Spanish and Culture Studies in San Ramon
- Maryland-in-Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Maryland-in-Nice (France)
- UMD-Winter: Belize: Mayan Culture and Tropical Biology (BSC/LASC)
- UMD-Winter: Peru: Medicinal Plants of the Amazon (PLSC)
- EcoQuest New Zealand
- CIEE programs in Costa Rica (Sustainability & the Environment); Berlin, Germany (Global Sustainability & Environment)