University of Maryland students have a variety of options to help finance their education. The Office of Student Financial Aid assists all students in obtaining need-based aid. Additionally, first- and second-year ENSP students may be eligible for merit scholarships from the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. The ENSP program has two smaller scholarships for upper-level students; and highly qualified students are referred to the National Scholarships Office beginning in late freshman year.
- The Gebel Scholarship - awarded to qualified ENSP students at mid-year, this can cover the cost of textbooks. Applicants must demonstrate academic excellence and financial need. Students will be notified via email and ENSP blog when the application becomes available.
- The Green Scholarship - awarded to qualified upper-level ENSP students at mid-year. Applicants must demonstrate academic excellence, an already long-term commitment to environmental science and policy, and the potential for a conservation career that bridges the gap between science and policy. Students will be notified via email and ENSP blog when the application becomes available.
- Scholarships are available through the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences and through the College of Computer, Mathematical and Natural Sciences. Please note you must have an ENSP concentration housed in one of those Colleges to be eligible.
- National scholarships emphasize practical experience or personal background. Others are academically selective and require 3.5+ GPA's and substantial research or extracurricular experience. Go to the National Scholarships Office, 2403 Marie Mount Hall, ASAP to research the opportunities and prepare to qualify. Two awards closely related to ENSP are:
- NOAA/Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship - For sophomores interested in a science career with NOAA and other agencies at the federal, state and local levels of government. Applications must be made through the National Scholarships Office. Application deadline - January 31
- Udall Scholarship - The premier national scholarship for juniors planning careers in environmental policy.
- You may also use the Open Education Database to find information about Financial Aid and Scholarships.