College of Agriculture & Natural Resources
Environmental Science & Policy

Exceptions to Policy

Exceptions to Academic Policy may be granted in two general types of situations:

  • When serious circumstances outside school are affecting your academic work, e.g., serious personal or family illness, for which you must request permission to drop coursework or extend deadlines.
  • When you wish to take on special challenges by registering for more than 20 credits, etc.


To request an exception to policy: communicate with the College that sponsors your concentration. Prepare a thoughtful and thorough request ASAP. It is easier for advisors to help you with a relatively smaller problem now, than a bigger/more complicated problem later.

  • Agriculture and Natural Resources - Meet with your assigned advisor (and/or Angela); then complete the online request (available here). Your request will be submitted to the Assistant Dean, and copied to your assigned advisor (or Angela).
  • Behavioral and Social Sciences - Schedule an appointment with a BSOS advisor in 2148 Tydings Hall; you will be given instructions and an appeal form.
Maintained by the IET Department of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. © 2020. Web Accessibility