"Undeclared" in ENSP
All incoming ENSP students begin as "Undeclared" in ENSP in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, where they explore concentrations and careers; internships, and campus activities. Your advisor will help you choose courses that help you explore your interests while keeping options open. Students must meet for advising at least once each semester, but may meet as often as they wish.
ENSP "UNDECLARED" REQUIREMENTS (aka ENSP "Core")- these are the courses that are required for all students in ENSP.
These courses help students confirm their interest and identify possible areas of concentration to declare
Lower-level courses include:
- ENSP Benchmark requirements
- ENSP Math requirement
- UMD General Education requirements
- Beginning coursework in concentration(s) of interest (many overlap with UMD General Education requirements!)
- Students may request a one-semester extension to confirm their interests, if needed.
- Students with numerous AP credits may also request an extension.
- Students who wish to declare ENSP who already have more than 40 credits completed must have a graduation plan in-hand at the time of their meeting with Angela.
Need help with choosing a concentration? Click HERE for some guidance.
ADVISOR CONTACT INFORMATION:
Ms. Angela Mazur-Gray
Assistant Director, Environmental Science & Policy
0216 Symons Hall